04 May 2009

Ireland: 2000

A short while ago the software I installed on this weblog to register the nationalities of visitors has counted the 2000th individual reader from the Republic of Ireland.

This is approximately the equivalent of 0.05 % of my country's entire population, and I installed the counting software only last Autumn. So the 2000 Irish people listed there now have visited my humble weblog in the time span of eight months, which I find quite amazing. (The first three places in Ireland where I have lived in the past have together less than 2000 inhabitants...)

I am deeply touched and hope that the interest in my writing, my analysis, views and comments will continue to attract readers from Ireland and the whole world.

So far there are clearly more visitors and readers from outside Ireland than from here. This is not a surprise, since we are a small country. But right from the day I started writing here, the number of Irish readers was the second-largest in the list, behind the USA and ahead of Britain.

I like to take this opportunity to say a heartfelt "thank you" to everyone from Ireland who has been reading this weblog. Please keep looking in, leave comments if you like, and tell your friends about Views from the Emerald Isle. We might be a small country with only 4 million people, but it appears that even a singular voice from Ireland like mine is getting noticed by quite a lot of people.

Thanks again, everyone, and to say it in Irish: Go raibh mile maith agat.

The Emerald Islander

No comments:

Post a Comment