The newcomers to ministerial responsibility are:
- John Curran (Dublin Mid-West) for Drug Policy,
- Michael Finneran (Roscommon South & Leitrim) for Housing,
- Martin Mansergh (Tipperary South) for the Office of Public Works,
- John Moloney (Laois-Offaly) for Equality and Disability,
- Peter Power (Limerick East) for Overseas Aid.
- Michael Ahern (Cork East),
- John Browne (Wexford),
- Pat "the Cope" Gallagher (Donegal South-West).
Fine Gael leader Enda Kenny stated that the number of junior ministries should be cut. In a comment on the new appointments he said the number of Ministers of State had risen from seven to ten, then to 15 and is now more than 20.
Some Ministers of State did not have areas of responsibility they could act independently on, the opposition leader added.
A full analysis of the whole new administration - cabinet and junior ministers - will be posted here within the next couple of days.